International Reciprocal Program
Selection of Junior Golfers to represent SportExcel and Malaysian in the International Reciprocal Program tournaments is done by the SportExcel Committee and approved by the SportExcel Board of Directors.
The selection criteria includes:
- Performance of the Junior Golfers in the SportExcel tournaments in the last three months.
- Performance of the Junior Golfers in other non-SportExcel tournaments in the last three months.
- Participation and performance in the previous year’s AmBank Group – SportExcel International Junior Golf Championships.
- Considerations into the purpose of participation, i.e., international tournament exposure versus winning.
- Not a member of the National Team (but this criteria may be dropped for selected tournaments by the Committee depending on the strength of field in the international tournament).
- Dear 50% of the airfare; the remaining 50% of airfare and travel insurance shall be borne by the player
- Charge RM 100 per player as management fee
A Team Manager is appointed to travel with the players to each tournament and perform the Team Manager’s duties. The appointed Team Manager can be:
- A Parent.
- A Professional from the PGAM
- A Member of the SportExcel Golf Committee
AmBank Group – SportExcel International Junior Golf Championships is a listed tournament in the International Reciprocal Program. The field is limited to 120 participants, where 60 – 70 spots are offered to Malaysian Citizens.